Monday, 2 March 2015

Initiatives: The Working Mind | Mental Health Commission of Canada

Initiatives: The Working Mind | Mental Health Commission of Canada

This is a very exciting initiative, and I'm proud to say that I'm now a part of it! I finished my training last week so that I can now train others in a course called "The Working Mind". The purpose of this course is to begin a culture change in Canadian workplaces (and beyond) to reduce the stigma around mental health. Stigma is perhaps the biggest barrier that stops people from seeking help when they need it -- and we all need help sometime in our lives. The stigma around mental causes feelings of shame, thoughts of "I should be able to handle this...", and because of this millions of people are suffering. I want to see this change.

No comments:

Post a Comment